Foundation Problems: How to Identify Warning Signs
Foundation problems don’t happen overnight. Oftentimes, there are visible warning signs that a home’s foundation is damaged or deteriorating.
If you own a home, it’s extremely important to monitor your foundation. When foundation problems are diagnosed early, repairs tend to be lower in cost.
However, when issues persist over time, home foundations may worsen beyond repair and need to be completely replaced.
If you’ve noticed any of the following warning signs around your home, it’s important to have a foundation specialist company, like Julian Construction, conduct a thorough inspection.
Warning signs of foundation issues:
- Cracked interior walls and exterior walls.
- Basement leaks or pooling water.
- Cracks in ceilings, floors, or floor tiles.
- Uneven and/or sloping floors.
- Doors and windows that stick or that have trouble opening.
- Cracked fireplace chimney and/or mantle.
If you’ve noticed any of the signs listed above around your home, these could be indications that your home foundation is in need of repair.
Luckily, Julian Construction offers free, no-obligation home inspections. They’ll diagnose your home foundation issues and provide a quote for repair.
When foundation issues are diagnosed early, simple foundation crack repair and sealing can be used to remedy these issues.
It’s important to keep in mind that the older a home is, the more likely it will need foundation repair and/or structural reinforcements to stabilize the foundation.
Other factors that contribute to foundation issues can stem from:
- Poorly compacted soil base, causing the existing foundation to sink or shear.
- Unusual or unsound building materials used in the original construction.
- Cheap, low-quality concrete mix used in pouring the foundation.
- The foundation was not allowed to cure long enough, leaving it porous and prone to damage.
- Voids or hollow spots in the foundation.
- Extended exposure to ponding water and moisture.
- An interrupted pour, creating an unintentional “joint” in the concrete.
- The foundation was constructed out of materials such as brick, stone or other masonry which has not been reinforced.
If you think your home is in need of foundation repair, house leveling, foundation replacement and/or earthquake retrofitting, contact Julian Construction today and we will send one of our foundation specialists out to conduct a free, thorough inspection with a quote for repair.
We have extensive experience serving our Los Angeles community and nearby regions. In fact, Julian Construction has inspected over 30,000 structures in the area!
Julian Construction was formed in 1994 and our focus has always been on building and maintaining foundations, doing foundation repair and replacement, earthquake retrofitting, and house leveling.
When you work with Julian Construction, you get the principles of the company and the workers of Julian Construction under your home.
And in order to keep foundation repair affordable for our customers, we offer a price guarantee — because we know our quote for repair will represent your very best value.
Give us a call at (323) 733-3377 to schedule your free inspection or complete the inspection request form.