Fixing Foundation Problems
Have you noticed foundation problems in your home?
Your home’s foundation is an integral aspect of the structure. When problems arise, such as cracks in the concrete or breaks in the crawl space, these can create a lot of concerns … and sometimes quite the costs to repair or replace.
When caught early, most home foundations can be repaired which will allow you to keep the existing structure in place.
If you suspect your home may have foundation problems, the first thing to do is:
- Examine the areas around your home that seem to have issues (i.e. cracks in the walls or floors, sloping or sagging floors, doors or windows that stick, etc.)
- Hire a foundation specialist, like Julian Construction, to inspect the area and assess the type of damage and the repairs needed.
- Make a plan for repair or replacement.
There are some obvious signs of foundation damage that may help you spot issues early on.
If you’ve seen any of the following issues on the exterior, it’s time to contact a foundation repair company:
- Wall rotation
- Garage doors, windows and walls that seem to be separating or pulling off.
- Bricks or concrete with visible cracks.
- Visible cracks or breaks in the foundation.
Foundation damage can also be visible on the interior of the home in the form of the following warning signs:
- Doors or windows that seem to be misaligned or stick when opening and closing them.
- Sheetrock that appears to be cracked or damaged.
- Cracks in the floors or walls.
- Uneven or sloping floors.
When foundation damage is spotted early on, there is a greater chance that the foundation can be repaired rather than completely replaced.
While foundations do settle with time, there are a few main culprits behind extensive damage.
A few of the most common causes of foundation damage are poorly compacted soils, expansive clay, poor drainage in and around the property, extreme weather or seasonal changes, tree roots, plumbing leaks, or issues that have arisen from earthquakes, floods or droughts.
It’s important to address any foundation issues before selling the property. A home with foundation damage will lower its value. Plus, most buyers are not willing to take on the repairs themselves.
If you think your home is in need of foundation repair, contact Julian Construction today. We’ll conduct a free home inspection for you complete with a quote for repair.
We have extensive experience serving our Los Angeles community and nearby regions. In fact, Julian Construction has inspected over 30,000 structures in the area!
Julian Construction was formed in 1994 and our focus has always been on building foundations, doing foundation repair and replacement, earthquake retrofitting, and house leveling.
When you work with Julian Construction, you get the principles of the company and the workers of Julian Construction under your home.
And in order to keep foundation repair affordable for our customers, we offer a price guarantee — because we know our quote for repair will represent your very best value.
Give us a call at call (323) 733-3377 to schedule your free inspection or complete the inspection request form.