2.6 Magnitude Earthquake Shakes Silver Lake

Posted October 10, 2023, under Blog

On Monday, a 2.6 earthquake rattled residents of the Silver Lake area. The quake struck at 9:00 AM at a depth of 7 miles.

No damage or injuries were reported.

It’s important to remember that Southern California is earthquake country, and any time there is an earthquake there is the potential it can trigger a larger seismic event.

Los Angeles’s resident seismologist Lucy Jones reminded Californians last month about these odds when two back-to-back earthquakes rattled Cupertino, CA: “Every quake has 5% chance of triggering something bigger and those 5% look just like the other 95%,” she tweeted.

Whenever earthquakes or severe weather strike California it’s a good reminder that preparedness is key to combating natural disasters.

And if you own a home, there are many important proactive measures you can take to protect your loved ones and your property from natural disasters.

Retrofitting homes, apartment structures, and commercial buildings are the way to keeping California resilient in the face of earthquakes – and cost far less than repairing damage from a large seismic event.

If you think your home may be in need of earthquake retrofitting, foundation repair, or foundation replacement, contact Julian Construction today and we will send one of our foundation specialists out to conduct a free, thorough inspection with a quote for repair.

We have extensive experience serving our Los Angeles community and nearby regions. In fact, Julian Construction has inspected over 30,000 structures in the area! Give us a call at (323) 733-3377 to schedule your free inspection or complete the inspection request form.

0% Financing Available

Find out how easy we make it to get started.

Read More»


See Us on These Sites

Translate »